Monday, September 13, 2010

defects and assets #2

These are lists of adult defects and assets.  For the reasons I wrote about in the last post, I'll need to spend some more time thinking back to my child self. 

I had two friends, who understand schema therapy and know what I'm doing, contribute to the assets list.  I'll start with the defects.

DEFECTS
Impatient
Intolerant
Impulsive
Passive aggressive
Procrastinator
Avoidant
Passive
Irritable
Lazy
Rebellious
Judgemental
Critical
Scapegoather
Oversensitive to rejection
Anxious
Self-sabotaging

ASSETS
Smart, intelligent, knowledgeable, analytical
Perceptive
Reflective, insightful
Good listener
Open to experience
Curious
Conscientious
Persistent, determined, focused, committed
Compassionate
Generous
Affectionate
Enthusiastic
Playful, funny, witty, wacky humour
Easy going
Loves throwing a party
Adaptable, practical
Calm under pressure
Supportive, helpful, kind
Loyal
Attractive
Fit, active
Good debater

There my friends is one of my therapy tasks done.  What's most amusing is how long it has taken me to get it down here.  Well over a month.  Procrastinator in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment